Tuesday 20 September 2011

This could become an addiction...

Today was one of those days. It just wasn't working for me. Everything was grey outside and therefore I can only describe my mood as grey too.

A bit of Merlin with my mum was a lovely distraction for the best part of the afternoon, but I didn't really know what to do with myself afterwards. My CV is in dire need of a revamp before I move back to Leicester for the new semester, but somehow I couldn't bring myself to do it. (Tomorrow. For sure. Right....)

So what magical solution did I come up with?

C-r-o-c-h-e-t.

Whilst working on some new stitches for one of the more fancier fingerless gloves I got stuck on something called 'corded ridge stitch' (whatever that is!) so followed the tutorial link the pattern creator had provided.

The link was to a site called Ravelry.

I'd noticed this particular site mentioned in several places on the net but up until tonight I hadn't looked.

Now I wish I hadn't!

Oh my, all the wonderful, amazing (FREE) and time-consuming projects I want to sink my crochet hook into. There are simply too many! Especially as it is now T-minus five days until the big move, and two weeks until the work begins again. (And I will be seeking some form of gainful employment...) My heart is yearning for another week of holiday so I can play for longer, but it is also itching to get back into the thick of things. In all honesty, the university summer break is too long. (And I used to complain about the six weeks we had off at school...)

So. After completing the pattern for these babies I will be making some new things. That aren't gloves. (Exciting!)

♥ Rachel ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment