Today I am going to share with you a quick tutorial for simple but pretty decorations! I can't claim that this idea was created by me as I took two concepts and smooshed them together, but needless to say I am quite pleased with how these turned out!
You will need: A deck of cards, red and black card/paper, scissors, a hole punch and some thread.
1) Create a template for a heart, diamond, spade and club shape.
2) Using these templates cut out a number of shapes in their correct colours (red hearts, black spades)
3) Punch holes into the top and bottom of each shape, as well as a number of cards (depending on how long you want the streamer to be)
4) Tie each shape together with a length of string. This bit takes some patience. Maybe get some kind person to help!
5) Don't forget to add thread to the very top shape as this is what you will use to hang your streamer.
The streamers in this picture are not quite finished as I am yet to trim the excess thread off, but you get the idea!
My plan is to hang these off the ceiling interspersed with streamers made up of just cards. I hope the effect will be magic!
Coming up next time: Mugs fit for the Mad Hatter!
♥ Rachel ♥