Sunday 7 August 2011

Once upon a time...

...There was a man called Jayne. Jayne was a gun-toting, womanising, money-grabbing cowboy of a man. He also had a very cool hat.


So- naturally- my boyfriend latches on to this hat. And now that I can crochet (and being the generous person that I am) I offered to make him one.

This is the result:


I'm not going to lie- I am really pleased with this. Two months ago I hadn't even laid eyes on a crochet hook, and now I can make an entire hat, complete with ear flaps, pompom and geek rep. Cue suitably smug expression here.

As weird as this will sound, being able to complete a project of this size has made me realise that I can do anything if I put my mind to it. The entire time I was making this hat I was worrying over how it would turn out and if it would fit or look like a hat. I even had to alter the pattern that I found because I was afraid it was going to come up small. I had never altered a pattern before!

It has made me think that owning my own arts and crafts business is not such a far fetched an idea as originally thought.... ♥


Stitch rocks the Jayne Cobb look better than me. I've been upstaged by a stuffed toy!

(Also, I don't think I made it clear: This is Firefly related!)

♥ Rachel ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment