Tuesday 1 November 2011

So come out of your cave walking on your hands.

"So come out of your cave walking on your hands
And see the world hanging upside down
You can understand dependence
When you know the maker's hand"


Sometimes there is a piece of music that works for you. Sometimes there is more than one for each type of occasion.

At the moment, whenever I feel terrified, dejected, like I can't achieve anything, I switch on my mp3 (yes, old school!) and play "The Cave" by Mumford & Sons.



Mumford & Sons is one of those bands that I play to death; I could listen to their entire album over and over and over....

Now I'm not a major obsessive over music (we all know one person who is essentially a walking discography for every artist going...)but I do appreciate its power. It has crazy influence over mood etc.

I've had some pretty intense decisions to make over the last week or so. It's been incredibly stressful! (More on the decision later.) So when walking to and from uni I've been blasting the same few songs into my ears in the hopes of just feeling positive. And, thankfully, it works.

Twanging banjos, passionate vocals, and very beautiful lyrics. In my humble and uninformed opinion, Mumford & Sons could save the world.

"But I will hold on hope
And I won't let you choke
On the noose around your neck

And I'll find strength in pain
And I will change my ways
I'll know my name as it's called again...
"

♥ Rachel ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment